Falconets List- Out For Japan 2012
Posted: Aug 11, 2012
The final 21-player list that will represent Nigeria at the Fifa U-20 Women’s World Cup that starts on August 19 in Japan has been revealed. And the bulk of the team – eight players; including captain Gloria Ofoegbu are from the camp of Rivers Angels.
The Falconets are in Group B and are paired against South American giants, Brazil, South Korea and Italy.
The Falconets were second in the last edition in Germany, losing to the hosts 2-0 in the final. The team is currently in South Korea where they have played some friendly matches in preparation for their opening match against South Korea.
Japan will play the opening match on the opening day, 19 August, against Mexico. The other teams in Group A are Switzerland and New Zealand.
Runners-up in 2008, North Korea are grouped with Canada, Norway and Argentina in Group C. Group D comprises of USA, defending champions, Germany, Ghana and China.
The Falconets have seasoned campaigners like Desire Oparanozie, Ebere Orji and Francisca Ordega to count on for experience.
The tournament will be held around Japan in the five cities of Hiroshima, Kobe, Miyagi, Saitama and Tokyo, with the final to be held in the capital on September 8, 2012.
Goalkeepers: Ibubeleye Whyte, Chioma Nwankwo, Damilola Akano
Defenders: Blessing Edoho, Gloria Ofoegbu, Ugo Njoku, Jennifer Osawaru, Fasilat Adeyemo, Josephine Chukwunonye, Chidinma Okoro
Midfielders: Cecilia Nku, Ngozi Okobi, Asisat Oshoala, Osarenoma Igbinovia
Strikers: Esther Sunday, Ebere Orji, Desire Oparanozie, Winifred Eyebhoria, Francisca Orgega, Charity Adule, Abosede Olukayode.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Standard Chartered Trophy 2013: Anti-climax Finish For Nigeria As Thailand Emerge Champions (0 comments)
- » Mikel Opts out Of Mexico Friendly (0 comments)
- » Yobo Eyes Turkish Cup Win With Fenerbahce (0 comments)
- » Thailand Win 2013 SC Trophy, Nigeria Are Also-ran (0 comments)
- » Beach Soccer Championship: Nigeria Draw Egypt, Civ, Libya (0 comments)
- » Davis Cup: Nigeria Coach Blames Injuries For Failure (0 comments)
- » Cristiano Ronaldo Shows Moves In Chicken Advert (0 comments)
There are no comments