Flying Eagles Beat Prime 3-0
Posted: Aug 08, 2012
Nigeria’s Flying Eagles rounded up their build-up for an African Youth championship qualifier against Tanzania with a comfortable 3-0 win over Prime FC on Tuesday in Ilorin.
The African champions, who were hardly troubled in this game, took the lead after just 11 minutes when Sikiru Alimi smashed home from inside the box after some good team play.
They then doubled their advantage when Tony Okpotu also fired home on 45 minutes. That was three minutes after Aminu Umar was left one-on-one with Prime goalkeeper Boyin but could not get past him.
In the second half, the U20s continued to threaten their opponents’ goal area with Abduljaleel Ajagun, Abubakar Umar and Uche Agbo all coming close to adding to the tally.
On 69 minutes, striker Bright Ejike missed a sitter from seven yards out.
Prime’s best opening came in the 74th minute, but they could not utilise it, before Abubakar Umar took the game beyond the 2012 Federation Cup surprise packet with a scrambled effort on the dot of 90 minutes.
Last Sunday, the Flying Eagles defeated NPL side Kwara United 2-1 in another warm-up game.
On Sunday, the team will play host to Tanzania’s Ngorogoro Heroes in a second round, second leg match at the Ilorin Township Stadium.
The Flying Eagles won the first leg in Dar es Salaam 2-1 a fortnight ago.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » MARTINS SCORES 3RD GOAL IN 4TH GAME (0 comments)
- » Ogu, Michael to Join eagles on Wednesday (0 comments)
- » HEARTLAND DOWN ABS, GO ATOP LOG (0 comments)
- » Rangers Pip CS Sfaxien 1-0 (0 comments)
- » Newcastle U. 0 - 1 Arsenal (0 comments)
- » Standard Chartered Trophy Final 2013: Nigeria Targets Gold (0 comments)
- » OBUH NAMES PROVISIONAL SQUAD FOR U-20 WORLD CUP (0 comments)
There are no comments