Liberian Refs For F/Eagles, Tanzania
Posted: Aug 09, 2012
The Confederation of African Football has named Liberian referees for Sunday’s 2013 African Youth Championship qualifying match between Nigeria and Tanzania, taking place in Ilorin.
Jerry Yekeh will be the Centre Referee, with compatriots Anthony Dopoh, Elisha Johnson and Emmanuel Neewon as 1st Assistant, 2nd Assistant and Reserve Referees respectively.
Moucharaf Anjorin from Benin Republic will be the Match Commissioner.
Sunday’s clash is the return leg of a second round fixture, with the winner going ahead to play the winner of the Congo/South Africa fixture, for a place at the eight-nation 18th African Youth Championship in Algeria next year March.
While the Flying Eagles won the first leg in Dar es Salaam 2-1, Congo
edged visitors South Africa 2-1 in Brazzaville and will attempt to keep the advantage when both teams trade tackles in the Rainbow Nation this weekend.
Anjorin is expected in the country on Thursday while the match referees are expected on Friday.
Officials have also confirmed that Tanzania’s Ngorongoro Heroes will storm Nigeria on Thursday and be flown from Lagos to Ilorin on Friday morning.
The African champions defeated Nigeria Premier League side Kwara United FC 2-1 on Sunday and hit Federation Cup semi finalists Prime FC 3-0 on Tuesday in test matches played at the Ilorin Township Stadium –venue of Sunday’s showdown.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Clark: Odemwingie Won't Go Cheap (0 comments)
- » MARTINS BACK IN FULL TRAINING FOR MLS CLUB (0 comments)
- » KESHI LEADS 12 HOME-BASED EAGLES TO GERMANY (0 comments)
- » DANNY SHITTU SIGNS NEW MILLWALL DEAL (0 comments)
- » Sidney Sam Set to Dumb Nigeria (0 comments)
- » Give Rafa all the Credit! (0 comments)
- » OWOLABI: EAGLES NEED SUPPORT TO DELIVER W/CUP TICKET (0 comments)
There are no comments