MARTIN JOL EXPLAINS ETUHU’S FULHAM EXIT
Posted: Aug 09, 2012
Martin Jol insists Dickson Etuhu left Fulham to get first-team football – and played down reports of a bust-up between the pair.
The Nigerian midfielder quit Craven Cottage this week to sign a four-year deal with Championship outfit Blackburn Rovers.
Etuhu had grown frustrated with his lack of action in SW6 and was keen to move on to get regular football.
But boss Jol insists he had no problem with the former Sunderland star.
“I read in the paper we had a fall out again,” the Dutchman told the Chronicle. “Everyone who leaves us seems to have a fall out, it's not true.
“He wanted to play games. He's 30-years-old, they offered him a long contract so good for him.
“They will probably play him every week and he was not playing in our team every week.
“That was a problem for him, not just the past few weeks but the last four or five months. He was really frustrated and wanted to play.
“He could've stayed but when Blackburn came in we decided to let him go.”
Today on Complete Sports
- » Cristiano Ronaldo Shows Moves In Chicken Advert (0 comments)
- » British Designer Develops New Badminton Shuttlecock (0 comments)
- » CHAN Eagles to Host Cote D'ivoire July 6 (0 comments)
- » We Won't Go On Relegation - El-Kanemi Manager (0 comments)
- » EJIDE: EAGLES 2014 WORLD CUP DESTINY STILL IN OUR HANDS (0 comments)
- » Kenya Coach Call Up 12 Stars For Eagles Clash (0 comments)
Most Recent Stories
- » Mexico Set To Unleash Chicharito On Eagles (0 comments)
- » Mikel May Miss Eagles' Germany Camp (0 comments)
- » Ike Uche Sure Of La Liga Promotion (0 comments)
- » SC Trophy Final 2013: Nigeria Drawn With Cup Holders Singapore (0 comments)
- » Ikhana Canvasses NFF's Support For Rangers (0 comments)
- » Ukrainian Club Rues Odibe Exit (0 comments)
- » Top Seven (7) Highest Paid Nigerian Footballers (0 comments)
There are no comments