Martinez Warns Moses: Chelsea Dont Need You
Posted: Aug 20, 2012
Wigan boss Roberto Martinez says Chelsea have not shown enough hunger in their pursuit of Nigeria international,Victor Moses and believes the London-based club don't really have any need for him.
Martinez had initially refused to comment on speculation that Victor Moses could be set to join Chelsea shortly after his club lost to the reigning European champions on the opening weekend of the new English Premier League season.
Moses has long been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge, but Martinez insisted the club had yet to receive an acceptable offer for the Nigeria international.
"Victor knows that if [a club] doesn't want a player enough, it's not a good move. I'm delighted Victor's here, I'm delighted he showed he's desperate to perform for our team'',said Martinez insisting Chelsea have not made an offer worth Wigan's valuation of the Super Eagle.
"I don't think that's an issue, there are no offers on the table matching his valuation so it's an easy answer,'' Martinez said. "Nothing is going to be decided today.”
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Standard Chartered Trophy 2013: Anti-climax Finish For Nigeria As Thailand Emerge Champions (0 comments)
- » Mikel Opts out Of Mexico Friendly (0 comments)
- » Yobo Eyes Turkish Cup Win With Fenerbahce (0 comments)
- » Thailand Win 2013 SC Trophy, Nigeria Are Also-ran (0 comments)
- » Beach Soccer Championship: Nigeria Draw Egypt, Civ, Libya (0 comments)
- » Davis Cup: Nigeria Coach Blames Injuries For Failure (0 comments)
- » Cristiano Ronaldo Shows Moves In Chicken Advert (0 comments)
There are no comments