ODUAMADI RULED OUT OF LIBERIA CLASH
Posted: Aug 15, 2012
Nigerian winger, Nnamdi Oduamadi, has been ruled out of the Super Eagles 2013 Africa Nations Cup qualifier against Liberia next month after he underwent a surgery on his leg at the NEO Specialist Hospital, Turku in Finland yesterday, Complete Sports has been informed.
The Nigerian international, 21, injured his right ligament while training with the Super Eagles in Calabar few months ago, and has been ruled out for three months by the Milan
doctors. The former Flying Sport academy player however said his return to action depends on how fast he recovered and the recommendation of the team's doctors.
Oduamadi who is currently on a season-long loan deal at Serie B side, Varese, also revealed that he will be returning to Milan on Friday to continue his rehabilitation.
"I've never gone for a surgery before and I'm just happy that it all went well," the former Torino winger began.
"I cried because it hurts so much, but it won't kill my zeal to play for my country anytime I am invited," he added.
" However, finding myself in this state is somehow painful because I prefer to be with my team-mates in training and on the field of play. But I know I have to be patient so that it can heal properly. I would be back in Milan very soon to continue my rehab and I'm grateful to the club for giving me the best medical attention possible."
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Namibia Coach Rues Players Poor Fitness Ahead Eagles clash (0 comments)
- » Mikel On Course To Reclaim Chlesea Playing Time (0 comments)
- » Eagles Face Adidas XI Monday (0 comments)
- » Moyes Eyes Thiago (0 comments)
- » Santos Reject Barca's €20m Neymar Bid (0 comments)
- » KESHI GIVES UP ON MIKEL (0 comments)
- » Chelsea Swoop On Yilmaz, Arda Turan (0 comments)