WIGAN BOSS GIVES UP ON VICTOR MOSES!
Posted: Aug 07, 2012
Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has admitted his club is losing battle to keep Victor Moses at the JJB stadium for at least another season.
ESPN reports that Chelsea chief executive Ron Gourlay contacted Whelan on Monday to try to thrash out an agreement, though the Latics rejected the latest offer for their prized asset.
However, it still appears likely that Moses, 21, will end up at Stamford Bridge as the Champions League winners are thought to be ready to pay Whelan's asking price of £8.5 million after much negotiation.
The two clubs are not far apart in their current valuations and the former England Under-21 international, who now plays for Nigeria at senior level, wants to move to West London.
While losing Moses would be a major blow for Wigan, Whelan says he won't stand in the player's way providing the £8.5 million fee - down from an initial £10 million price tag - is met.
"I have spoken to Chelsea's chief executive and they are easy to deal with, we have told them the price and they will come back and agree it or not," Whelan told ESPN.
"We would much prefer the player to sign a new contract and stay but he wants to go to Chelsea and its a good club so we cannot stand in his way."
Chelsea are also weighing up whether to make an offer for Bayer Leverkusen's Andre Schurrle, as Roberto Di Matteo looks to bolster his attacking options following the departures of Didier Drogba and Salomon Kalou this summer.
Schurrle would cost in the region of £25 million and provides a more realistic alternative to Porto striker Hulk, whose hefty price tag of close to €60 million remains an obstacle to any potential move to Stamford Bridge.
Today on Complete Sports
- » Cristiano Ronaldo Shows Moves In Chicken Advert (0 comments)
- » British Designer Develops New Badminton Shuttlecock (0 comments)
- » CHAN Eagles to Host Cote D'ivoire July 6 (0 comments)
- » We Won't Go On Relegation - El-Kanemi Manager (0 comments)
- » EJIDE: EAGLES 2014 WORLD CUP DESTINY STILL IN OUR HANDS (0 comments)
- » Kenya Coach Call Up 12 Stars For Eagles Clash (0 comments)
Most Recent Stories
- » Mexico Set To Unleash Chicharito On Eagles (0 comments)
- » Mikel May Miss Eagles' Germany Camp (0 comments)
- » Ike Uche Sure Of La Liga Promotion (0 comments)
- » SC Trophy Final 2013: Nigeria Drawn With Cup Holders Singapore (0 comments)
- » Ikhana Canvasses NFF's Support For Rangers (0 comments)
- » Ukrainian Club Rues Odibe Exit (0 comments)
- » Top Seven (7) Highest Paid Nigerian Footballers (0 comments)
There are no comments