WIGAN: CHELSEA ‘MESSING ABOUT’ OVER MOSES DEAL
Posted: Aug 16, 2012
Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has told Chelsea to meet the club's asking price for Victor Moses or forget about a deal this summer.
The Latics are holding out for a fee in the region of £9million for the 21-year-old forward, who has one year left on his current deal.
And Whelan revealed he is not interested in Chelsea's offer of a deal which includes add-ons based on appearances for the former England Under-21 international, who scored six Premier League goals last season.
He told Sky Sports News: "Chelsea have got to make their mind up - yes or no - and at present they're messing about a little bit which is unusual for Chelsea because they're up front if they want someone. They would usually go and make a bid and get the player.
"With Victor, Chelsea have come in with offers including payments later etc. It's unusual for Chelsea because they're usually a very straightforward club.
"If they come with the fee, we'll sell him. If they don't, we'll keep him.
"I'd like to keep Victor - I think he'll benefit enormously from spending another season - or two or three seasons - under Roberto Martinez."
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Bayern Munich claim fifth European title (0 comments)
- » Enugu Rangers Vs Sunshine Sets Coal City Agog (0 comments)
- » Mikel Obi Confirms For June Qualifiers, Confederations Cup (0 comments)
- » FIRE ON THE MOUNTAIN! (0 comments)
- » La Liga Return! (0 comments)
- » Getting Stronger (0 comments)
- » Not A Happy Ending (0 comments)