Baribote Defends Ocean Boys Delay
Posted: Sep 14, 2012
Chairman of the Nigeria Premier League Victor Romson Baribote has explained why the body had to delay Ocean Boys expulsion from the league.
Baribote spoke as a studio guest on SuperSport programme Naija Made last night.
“Even in Nigeria there is a constitution and when a crime is committed, you still have time to look at all areas,”
he said. “Like the case of Cynthia, the lady who was killed recently, everybody is aware of the fact that there was a killing but the killers are given the opportunity to state their own side of the case.
“It is not the making of the Nigeria Premier League. As the name implies, it is a Nigerian factor so we just have to follow the rules.”
He also revealed the plans of the NPL ahead of next season.
“What we are trying to do is see how we can catch up with top leagues in the world like the EPL. We all have to sacrifice to really meet up with other leagues. Now we are talking about the week six, seven of the EPL and we are just ending our own which is not too good.
Baribote, who is the proprietor of new NPL side Nembe City, said his board is working towards aligning the Nigerian league season with the major leagues in Europe.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Amata Makes IAAF Diamond League Debut In New York (0 comments)
- » 3SC Appoint Busari Substantive Coach (0 comments)
- » Kenya Replace Oliech With Agogo For Eagles Clash (0 comments)
- » Kenya Begin Preparation For Eagles Clash Monday (0 comments)
- » Yobo Relishes Turkish Cup Win (0 comments)
- » Ugbade: Eaglets'll Start W/Cup Preparation In June (0 comments)
- » Lewis Hamilton Pimps Helmet With Cartoon Of Girlfriend And Dog For Monaco Grand Prix (0 comments)
There are no comments