Liberia To Recall Suspended Players For Eagles
Posted: Sep 16, 2012
Liberia is set to recall the three players under suspension ahead of the crucial Nations Cup qualifier deciding leg against Nigeria on October 13.
Lone Stars’ coach, Kaetu Smith was at the week ordered by Liberia Football Association (LFA) President Moussa Biliti to lift the suspension of Captain Anthony Laffor, Dioh Williams and Francis Doe who were banned from the team for disciplinary reasons.
Nigeria-based Liberian footballer, Leonardo Hiah said that inclusion of the trio was considered due to public opinion that the team need them in the second leg game if they are get to the Nations Cup.
“Liberians know that they will need all their big players to play against Nigeria in the second leg if they are to get a good result in Nigeria,” he said.
The LFA had recommended the ban for the players which was supported by Smith hours before the team’s departure for a Nations Cup qualfier with Namibia in June.Meanwhile Anthony Laffour has expressed confidence that the Lone Stars will turn the table against Nigeria in the return fixture on October 13 in Calabar.
“Though I did not watch the game but my friends told me that Nigeria were just lucky to escape with a draw.I believe we can turn the table against them in the second leg.They are the bookmakers favourite but we will give our all.We have missed out on the Nations Cup for sometime now and it is time we compete among the best once again.”
The Lone Stars forced Nigeria to a 2-2 draw in their first meeting in Monrovia on September 8 and face a herculean task to turn the table against the two-time African Champions in Calabar.
Liberia lost 2-0 in 2001, the last time they visited Nigeria for a competitive game with Victor Agali scoring the two goals.
Today on Complete Sports
- » Cristiano Ronaldo Shows Moves In Chicken Advert (0 comments)
- » British Designer Develops New Badminton Shuttlecock (0 comments)
- » CHAN Eagles to Host Cote D'ivoire July 6 (0 comments)
- » We Won't Go On Relegation - El-Kanemi Manager (0 comments)
- » EJIDE: EAGLES 2014 WORLD CUP DESTINY STILL IN OUR HANDS (0 comments)
- » Kenya Coach Call Up 12 Stars For Eagles Clash (0 comments)
Most Recent Stories
- » Mexico Set To Unleash Chicharito On Eagles (0 comments)
- » Mikel May Miss Eagles' Germany Camp (0 comments)
- » Ike Uche Sure Of La Liga Promotion (0 comments)
- » SC Trophy Final 2013: Nigeria Drawn With Cup Holders Singapore (0 comments)
- » Ikhana Canvasses NFF's Support For Rangers (0 comments)
- » Ukrainian Club Rues Odibe Exit (0 comments)
- » Top Seven (7) Highest Paid Nigerian Footballers (0 comments)
There are no comments