DIKE: I’M VERY SAD
Posted: Jan 11, 2013
Portland Timber of USA forward Bright Dike has said he is very disappointed to be left out of the Eagles final squad to the Africa Cup of Nations which begins next weekend in South Africa..
Dike, who scored a spectacular goal against Catalonia in only his second cap for Nigeria, took to Twitter to confirm his return to Portland.
'Disappointed not to make the squad, Thanks for the opportunity and the new memories. A great experience that will make me a better player',he wrote.
Dike was also quoted by mtnfootball as saying that he has his eyes on the 2014 World Cup qualifiers.
“Now I am looking forward to the 2014 World Cup qualifiers and the tournament itself."
Dike, who is a cousin of Eagles striker Emmanuel Emenike, has thus urged his international team mates to make Nigeria proud at the African soccer fiesta.
"I am urging my mates who made the team to represent Nigeria well. They should play wholeheartedly so that when the games are done, you are proud of the effort you have given and proud of what you have accomplished,” said Dike, who made a most satisfying debut against Venezuela in November.
“Good luck in South Africa and bring the Nations Cup back to Nigeria."
The power-playing forward disclosed he will now head back to his base in the USA, where he will join Portland Timbers ahead of the new Major League Soccer pre-season activities, which incidentally kick off on the same day the Nations Cup begin in Johannesburg.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Standard Chartered Trophy 2013: Anti-climax Finish For Nigeria As Thailand Emerge Champions (0 comments)
- » Mikel Opts out Of Mexico Friendly (0 comments)
- » Yobo Eyes Turkish Cup Win With Fenerbahce (0 comments)
- » Thailand Win 2013 SC Trophy, Nigeria Are Also-ran (0 comments)
- » Beach Soccer Championship: Nigeria Draw Egypt, Civ, Libya (0 comments)
- » Davis Cup: Nigeria Coach Blames Injuries For Failure (0 comments)
- » Cristiano Ronaldo Shows Moves In Chicken Advert (0 comments)