Chelsea manager Antonio Conte believes Nigeria international Victor Moses has developed into a “complete player”, reports Completesportsnigeria.com.
Moses has excelled this season for the Blues despite being deployed as a wing-back by Conte since October last year.
Conte in an interview with Chelsea’s official website stated that he was thrilled to see the 26-year-old’s desire to excel.
“If you asked me before the change if I imagined him (Moses) in this new position, I would say not, because we started to try to play with the 4-2-4 and I always saw him as a winger, very good one-v-one but a bit poor defensively,” Conte said.
“When I decided to change the system, I wanted to try him in this role, to work with him in a different situation, and he showed me great commitment to understand and to study the new role, above all in defensive situations.
“Now we have a complete player, offensively and defensively.
“I spoke with him during pre-season, when we stayed in America, and told him he will stay with us. Victor was very, very happy when I told him he would stay. He said to me “I am ready to stay here, to fight for the club, I need to have my chance to show that I deserve to play with Chelsea.
“It happened and we are very happy for this because he’s showing he’s a good player.
“I’m happy to have have this type of player. I knew him before, but to see him in person is very important to judge a player. He deserved to stay with us this season but also now he is deserving to play.”
Moses is expected to feature for Chelsea on Monday night when they face neighbours West Ham in Premier League clash at the London Stadium.