Antonio Conte says his Chelsea side are ready to contain a dangerous Bournemouth side in Wednesday’s Carabao Cup quarter-final tie at Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea will hope to secure a second win against Bournemouth this season after pipping the Cherries 1-0 away in the Premier League in October.
Bournemouth, who lost 4-0 to Liverpool on Sunday in the league, go into the game on the back of a six-game winless run while Chelsea will be eyeing a third consecutive win.
“Bournemouth will try to create problems for us tomorrow and they will be looking to bounce back from their heavy weekend loss,” Conte said in his press conference on Tuesday ahead of the League Cup game. “We have prepared very well for the quarter-final tie.”
Conte described the Carabao Cup as one of the competitions Chelsea are prioritising which will help give other players in his team a chance to play.
“This is an important competition and the aim is to reach the semi-finals, but it also gives me an opportunity to utilise my whole squad,” he said.
“I will continue to give chances in this competition to players who deserve a chance to play. I will give an opportunity tomorrow to Michy Batshuayi. Kenedy is giving everything during training and it is right he has the chance to play an important game tomorrow. I have trust in all of my players.
“David Luiz remains out for tomorrow’s game with the same injury he has had for around three weeks. Musonda has a little muscular problem in his groin from last week and he is out.”