The Executive Committee of the Nigeria Football Federation held a meeting at the Transcorp Hilton Hotel, Federal Capital Territory, Abuja on Wednesday,15th October, 2014 to discuss important issues in Nigerian football andresolved as follows:
1) The Committee, unanimously, praised the excellent contributions of the technical crew of the Senior National Team, Super Eagles, led by Mr. Stephen Keshi, to the glorious accomplishments of the team in the past three years, and hailed Keshi, Daniel Amokachi and Ike Shorounmu as true national heroes. However, in the interest of Nigeria football and the desire to ensure qualification for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations finals, the Committee decided to relieve them of their duties with immediate effect.
2) In recognition of their contributions to the Nigeria game, the Executive Committee also approved that the trio of Keshi, Amokachi and Shorounmu should proceed to any coaching course of their choice in any country of their choice to build their capacity, at the expense of the NFF. All their entitlements will be paid within the next fortnight.
3) Committee also, unanimously, approved the appointment of a consortium of coaches to lead the Super Eagles for ONLY the two concluding matches of the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying series (against Congo in Brazzaville and against South Africa in Uyo), after which an expatriate Coach will be appointed. The consortium, led by Amodu Shaibu, also has Salisu Yusuf, Gbenga Ogunbote and Aloysius Agu. The team also has a new Coordinator in former international Garba Lawal, while Toyin Ibitoye is the new Media Officer and Godfirst Chike is the new Equipment Manager. Team Secretary, Enebi Achor, is retained.
4) The Committee also appointed Mr. Samson Siasia as the new Head Coach of the U-23 Men’s Team. He will be assisted by Fatai Amoo, while the Technical and Development will recommend the other members of the crew.
5) The Executive Committee also constituted Standing Committees of the Federation thus:
FINANCE COMMITTEE: Otunba Dele Ajayi (Chairman); Busari Ishola (Member); Bello Saidi (Member); Auwalu Musa Umar (Member); Financial Institution/Accounting Firm Representative.
ORGANISING COMMITTEE FOR NFF COMPETITIONS: Seyi Akinwunmi (Chairman); Ahmad Muazu Kawu (Vice Chairman); Chidi Ofo Okenwa (Member); Mohammed Nasir Saidu (Member); A. B. Yabagi (Member); Lucky Gospel Ewa (Member); Musa Aduhu (Member); Babatunde Oloyede (Member).
TECHNICAL AND DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE: Felix Anyansi-Agwu (Chairman); Yusuf Ahmed ‘Fresh’ (Vice Chairman); Paul Bassey (Member); Victor Ikpeba (Member); Pascal Patrick (Member); Ladan Bosso (Member); Mutiu Adepoju (Member). A Technical Study Group headed by Austin ‘Jay Jay’ Okocha will work under this committee.
REFEREES COMMITTEE: Yusuf Ahmed ‘Fresh’ (Chairman); Hussaini Modibbo (Vice Chairman); Ahmed Maude (Member); E.C. Chukwuemeka (Member); Tade Azeez (Member); Salihu Abubakar (Member); Faith Irabor (Member); Sani Zubairu (Secretary). Mr. Linus Mba and Mr. Daniel Olokor will work as Consultants.
LEGAL COMMITTEE: Chris Green (Chairman); Seyi Akinwunmi (Vice Chairman); Jude Obikwelu (Member); Representative of Attorney General (Member); Olaleye Adepoju (Member).
SECURITY COMMITTEE: Ibrahim Musa Gusau (Chairman); Baba Gana Kalli (Vice Chairman); Isaac Ayodele (Member); Oswald Atuake (Member); Sunday Longbap (Member); Sabo Abdullahi Dutse (Member); Ganiyu Majekodunmi (Member). ACP Gideon Akinsola will work as Consultant.
PLAYERS’ STATUS COMMITTEE: Baba Gana Kalli (Chairman); Otunba Dele Ajayi (Vice Chairman); Garuba Mohammed (Member); Dahiru Sadi (Member); Harrison Jalla (Member); Jude Anyadufu (Member); Austin Popo (Member).
SPORTS MEDICAL COMMITTEE: Dr. Abdulkadir Muazu (Chairman); Dr. Ken Anugweje (Vice Chairman); Dr. Akin George (Member); Dr. Chukwuemeka Agi (Member); Dr. Mohammed Taimako (Member); Dr. Nekwu Okolugbo (Member).
COMMITTEE FOR ETHICS AND FAIR PLAY: Sharif Rabiu Inuwa (Chairman); Dilichukwu Onyedinma (Vice Chairman); Dickson Adejube (Member); Gregory Abang (Member); Garba Hassan (Member); Ominiokuma Kile (Member); Baba Goni Grema (Member).
MEDIA COMMITTEE: Suleiman Yahaya-Kwande (Chairman); Emeka Inyama (Vice Chairman); Aisha Falode (Member); Saidu Abubakar (Member); Tony Ubani (Member); Ade Ojeikere (Member); Suleiman Isa (Member); Harry Iwuala (Member).
FOOTBALL COMMITTEE: Seyi Akinwunmi (Chairman); Sharif Rabiu Inuwa (Vice Chairman); Suleiman Yahaya-Kwande (Member); Dilichukwu Onyedinma (Member); Sunday Oliseh (Member); Kweku Tandoh (Member).
WOMEN’S FOOTBALLCOMMITTEE: Dilichukwu Onyedinma (Chairman); Matilda Otuonye (Member); Sunday Aladenika (Member); Thelma Agara (Member); Peter Oguche (Member); Margaret Icheen (Member); Bitrus Kwaga (Member); Ejiro Femi-Babafemi (Member).
YOUTH FOOTBALL COMMITTEE: Seyi Akinwunmi (Chairman); Ahmad Muazu Kawu (Vice Chairman); Sharif Rabiu Inuwa (Member); Ibrahim Mohammed (Member); Musa Talle (Member); Dotun Coker (Member); Yemi Idowu (Member); Ekanem Ekpeyong (Member); Rep of YSFON (Member).
FUTSAL/BEACH SOCCER COMMITTEE: Suleiman Yahaya-Kwande (Chairman); Mike Awopetu (Member); Samson Adamu (Member); Sani Okiri (Member); Bolaji Yusuf (Member); Aminu Inuwa Chana (Member); Kingsley Kuku (Member); Aminu Mamaga (Member).
STRATEGIC STUDIES COMMITTEE: Hussaini Modibbo (Chairman); Abubakar Ladan (Vice Chairman); Ibigoni Benjamin Akobo (Member); Leo Oyenekan (Member); Maccido Garuba (Member); Lurwanu Idris (Member); Kachalla Gana (Member).
MARKETING, SPONSORSHIP AND TELEVISION ADVISORY COMMITTEE: Emeka Inyama (Chairman); Shehu Dikko (Member); Opeyemi Okunoren (Member); Colin Udoh (Member); Mohammed Dambatta (Member); Ayiri Emami (Member); Fela Bank-Olemoh (Member); Emmanuel Ibru (Member).
PROTOCOL AND CEREMONIAL COMMITTEE: Ahmad Muazu Kawu (Chairman); Dilichukwu Onyedinma (Vice Chairman); Hamza Elayo (Member); Ayo Owoseni (Member); Ibienimi Green (Member); Yahuza Adamu (Member); Barde Mohammed Zakaria (Member); Aliyu Kasim (Member).
DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEE: Chris Green (Chairman); Iyke Igbokwe (Vice Chairman); Agbolade Dokunmu (Member); K. C. Omuojine (Member); Owoicho Adejo-Ogiri (Member); Adamu Sanni (Member); Fanny Amun, MON (Member).
APPEALS COMMITTEE: Eddy Mark (Chairman); Enitan Oshodi (Vice Chairman); Denen Ikya (Member); Muazu Hamid (Member); Audu Nuhu (Member); Peter F. Singabele (Member).
In attendance: Mr. Amaju Melvin Pinnick (President); Barr. Seyi Akinwunmi(1st Vice President); High Chief Emeka Inyama (Member); Alh. Ahmad Muazu Kawu (Member); Alh. Sharif Rabiu Inuwa (Member); Barr. Christopher Green (Member); Otunba Sunday Dele Ajayi (Member); Alh. Baba Gana Kalli (Member); Alh. Hussaini Modibbo (Member); Hon. Suleiman Yahaya-Kwande (Member); Alh. Yusuf Ahmed ‘Fresh’ (Member); Chief Felix Anyansi-Agwu (Member); Alh. Ibrahim Musa Gusau (Member); Barr. Musa Amadu (Secretary).
Absent: Chief (Mrs) Dilichukwu Onyedinma (Member)
HON. SULEIMAN YAHAYA-KWANDE
(CHAIRMAN, COMMUNIQUE DRAFTING COMMITTEE)