Ghana Football Association will not extend the current contract of Avram Grant as Black Stars coach when it expires at the end of February 2017, Completesportsnigeria.com
Both the GFA and Grant have reached an agreement to part ways when their current contract expires on February 28 2017, according to a statement published on the Ghana FA's website on Tuesday.
The former Chelsea manager assumed the Black Stars job on December 1 2015, and led the team to finish second at the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations. But the Black Stars' fortunes plummeted since that AFCON silver medal feat.
Grant's Black Stars finished fourth at the recently concluded 2017 AFCON in Gabon, a feat widely dismissed by Ghanaians as an underachievement.
Highlights of The GFA Statement on Disengagement of Avram Grant
1. Both parties have agreed that the contract shall be allowed to run its full course.
2. Both parties have mutually agreed not to renew the contract upon its expiry.
3. Any accrued rights and obligations under the contract shall be observed by both parties.
4. Notwithstanding the fact that the contract shall run until the 28th February, 2017, both parties agree that the Ghana Football Association is at liberty to commence the process of searching and appointing a new coach for the Senior National Team of Ghana, the Black Stars.
5. Mr Abraham Grant is also at liberty to begin negotiations with prospective employers.
(Ag. General Secretary, Ghana Football Association)