fbpx

How Fire Ravaged NFF Secretariat

How Fire Ravaged NFF Secretariat

–Accounts, ICT departments affected

The secretariat of the Nigeria Football Federation NFF located in zone 7, Wuse, Abuja went up in flames Wednesday morning to the surprise of staffers and visitors alike.

The fire destroyed furniture and documents, even though the General Secretary Musa Amadu said later there were no sensitive documents burnt by the fire outbreak.

Complete Sports gathered that the fire started at about 9.15 a.m when staffers were about settling down for the day’s business.

Palls of smoke were seen oozing out from the wing housing the offices of the General Secretary, Head of Accounts and the ICT unit.

Pandemonium ensued as no fire fighting device was in sight to quench the ravaging fire until around 10.05 a.m when men of the Federal Capital Territory FCT Fire Service arrived the scene but could not gain access to the main building until about 10.12 a.m.

At this time, it was gathered, that wing of the building had gone up in full flames with the fire extending to the Marketing department.

Before the arrival of the FCT fire service men, men and officers of the Federal Road Safety Commission, FRSC who share common boundary with the NFF secretariat had to avail the football house of 12 fire exinguishers which could not do much.

Speaking after his men had fought the inferno which lasted close to two hours, Mr Opetusi Julius, Deputy Director, Operations, FCT Fire Sevice, said the nation’s football house lacked functional fire hydrant device of any kind in this modern times, a development he frowned at.

According to him, “the fire extinguisher in possession of the NFF had expired since 2012, and even the parking arrangement in the NFF Secretariat premises hindered his men’s access, hence the delay in reaching the point of inferno.

“My men had to spend another eight minutes before accessing the building and in emergency situations it was not supposed to be like that”.

<script async src=”//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js”></script> <!– 300×250, created 11/8/11 –> <ins class=”adsbygoogle” style=”display:inline-block;width:300px;height:250px” data-ad-client=”ca-pub-9452882342138416″ data-ad-slot=”0923930052″></ins> <script> (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); </script>

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 2
  • Dominic edet ene 4 years ago

    Hmmmm dats quite unfortunate but tank God dat no life was lost n also dat d house was not total burnt by fire.

  • prince 4 years ago

    Maigari and all the executives should be arrested,they should know about the fire burn.