The Super Eagles wrapped off the 2018 FIFA World Cup preparations by losing to Czech Republic 1-0 in Austria on Wednesday. Completesportsnigeria.com’s JOHNNY EDWARD presents five interesting facts from the defeat…
1. Odion Ighalo extended his goal drought for the Super Eagles of Nigeria to six games in Wednesday’s 1-0 loss to Czech Republic. The Changchun Yatai striker last scored for Nigeria in their 4-0 win over Cameroon during the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifier in Uyo. Ighalo has scored four goals in 18 games for Nigeria.
2. Francis Uzoho has failed to keep a clean sheet in goal for Nigeria in his last four games. Uzoho whose only clean sheet for Nigeria was in the 1-0 win over Poland, has made six international appearances, conceding six goals. The 19-year-old shot-stopper made four outstanding saves in the Super Eagles defeat to Czech Republic.
3. Ahmed Musa made his 70th appearance for the Super Eagles, coming on for Victor Moses in the 80th minute of the defeat to Czech Republic. Musa has scored 13 goals since making his debut in 2010. His last goal for Nigeria was in a 3-0 win over Togo in an international friendly game played at the Stade des Diablots in France just a year ago. The Leicester City forward scored twice in the encounter.
4. William Troost Ekong’s 20th appearance for the Super Eagles ended in defeat to Czech Republic. The Bursaspor defender made four tackles and two clearances in the defeat partnering Leon Balogun in the heart of the Super Eagles defence. Ekong who made his debut in 2015 against Chad has featured in 11 wins, four draws and five defeats.
5. Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr suffered his fourth defeat in charge of the team against Czech Republic. It was the third defeat in five games for Rohr’s men in their pre-World Cup preparatory games. He has previously lost to South Africa, Serbia and England.Unblock the FIFA World Cup with ExpressVPN the #1 Trusted Name in VPN