fbpx

Nadal Surgery ‘Went Well’

Nadal Surgery ‘Went Well’

Rafael Nadal says his ankle surgery “went well” but he has still had to postpone a forthcoming exhibition match. Already sidelined by an abdominal injury which forced him to pull out of next week’s ATP Finals in London, Nadal went under the knife in Mallorca on Monday to remove a ‘free body’ in his ankle joint.

 

He left hospital on crutches on Tuesday morning and later revealed the exhibition, due to take place on December 7 to raise money for the victims of the recent flooding on his home island, now had to be postponed.
A new date has yet to be announced.

 

Nadal had said on Monday that the ankle issue was a long-standing one and that he had opted to undergo surgery only due to the fact he was already unable to play because of the abdominal problem which also saw him miss last week’s Paris Masters tournament.

 

He said by undergoing the procedure he hoped to be at full fitness for the start of the 2019 campaign.
Nadal is due to open his 2019 ATP season in Brisbane in the first week of the New Year.
The Spaniard’s place in the London field has been taken by John Isner. The action at the O2 Arena gets under way on Sunday.

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 0