Rebic Agrees New Frankfurt Contract

Rebic Agrees New Frankfurt Contract

Eintracht Frankfurt have been boosted by the news Ante Rebic has extended his contract with the Bundesliga club until summer 2022.

The 24-year-old Croatia international, who scored six times in the Bundesliga last season and grabbed a brace as Frankfurt sealed a 3-1 win over Bayern in the DFB Cup final, had been heavily linked with a summer departure following his impressive World Cup as he helped his nation reach the final in Russia.

However, the Eagles have managed to persuade Rebic that his long-term future lies with them as they prepare for Sunday's Supercup clash against Bayern Munich.

"Ante is certainly one of the most positive things to emerge from the World Cup and we don't have to pretend that this did not attract some interest," said Frankfurt's sporting director Fredi Bobic on the club's website.

"It says a lot about Eintracht Frankfurt that we've managed to keep hold of a player, who can definitely now be regarded as a shooting star.

"Ante has attracted interest from several top clubs and he had one or two more lucrative offers, so the fact he's decided to stay with us proves that he has the Eagles in his heart and that we're heading in the right direction with our plans, and it also shows that we've taken a step forward economically, by being able to keep hold of such a top player."

Unblock the FIFA World Cup with ExpressVPN the #1 Trusted Name in VPN

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 0