fbpx

Klopp Rules Coutinho Out Of Watford Clash, Reveals Liverpool Transfer Strategy

Klopp Rules Coutinho Out Of Watford Clash, Reveals Liverpool Transfer Strategy

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has revealed at his Friday’s news conference that playmaker Philippe Coutinho will miss the Reds’ 2017/2018 Premier League season opener against Watford on Saturday and is equally doubtful for the Champions League play-off game away to Hoffenheim next Tuesday as a result of a back injury, reports Completesportsnigeria.com.

“No, he’s not available. He’s not been in training since last Friday. He’s a doubt for Tuesday unfortunately,” the the Liverpool boss said during his press conference on Friday.

“We want to have the best possible team. This means keeping the guys we have. Liverpool is not a club that needs to sell. That is set in stone. So what they pay in the end doesn’t matter. From a financial standpoint, there’s no threshold of pain.”

Klopp added that the club’s official statement on Philippe Coutinho’s position is “100% clear” following the bids from Barcelona which have been turned down.

“When FSG say something like this it’s 100% clear. You can read it.”

The German also spoke to the media on his on his transfers plans: “If we bring players in it’s because we want them. If not, no. There’s not a plan B,C or D. Players we sign are plan A”

The Reds said earlier that the player is not for sale and will remain at the club when the summer transfer window closes.

Liverpool had rejected a second bid of €100 million from Barcelona for Coutinho on Wednesday after an initial one was knocked back. Barca are keen to replace Neymar who has joined PSG for €222m.

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 0