fbpx

Lesnar Extends Deal With WWE, To Fight Roman Reigns Again

Lesnar Extends Deal With WWE, To Fight Roman Reigns Again

Winner at the Wrestlemania 34 Brock Lesnar has signed a new deal with the World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE), but can still make his Ultimate Fighting Chmapionship (UFC) return if he wishes.
According to ewrestlingnews.com,  Lesnar, a former WWE world champion, who defeated Roman Reigns to retain his Universal Championship title on Sunday, ended speculation about his future on Monday when it was announced he had penned a new deal.
Lesnar, 40, is now expected to appear at the Greatest Royal Rumble event at the end of the month in a rematch against Reigns.
UFC boss Dana White had said last week Lesnar would be returning to the promotion to resume his MMA career.
Lesnar’s new WWE deal allows him to compete under the UFC banner while he is also appearing at wrestling shows. White attended Lesnar’s championship winning appearance at WrestleMania on Sunday.
Speaking after Lesnar’s win on Sunday White said:”No, that (Lesnar fighting in the UFC) is not one-hundred percent, I mean, he’s still under contract with the UFC. But we have not signed him to a fight. He’s still under contract with us, he still has fights on his deal. He just has to get into the USADA (US Anti-Doping Agency) pool.”
Lesnar informed USADA of his retirement from MMA in 2016 after failing two drug tests before and after his fight with Mark Hunt at UFC 200.
USADA handed down a one-year suspension, but that has been frozen and Lesnar will need to complete over six months of that ban if he wants to return to the octagon.
Lesnar will then need to have been in the USADA testing pool for a minimum of six months, as per USADA’s regulations, making it impossible for the heavyweight to make his UFC comeback this year. White has already confirmed Lesnar has not re-entered USADA’s testing pool.

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 2
  • Mykel 7 months ago

    That’s my favorite wrestler

  • waow another show is here