fbpx

Ogu Targets Win Against Maccabi Haifa

Ogu Targets Win Against Maccabi Haifa

–Expresses readiness to play for Amodu
By Johnny Edward:

Hapoel Beer Sheva midfielder John Ogu is thrilled with his club’s fine start to the new League season, but insists it is just the start of good beginning.

Ogu who is in line for his sixth start of the season win in tonight’s clash against Maccabi Haifa, believes a good performance will show true quality this season.

Hapoel Beer Sheva are unbeaten this season and are two points adrift leaders Ironi Kiryat FC winning three and drawing two and the former Uniao Liera combatuive midfielder.

“We’re just hoping to maintain our good form and win to have a good point cushion and pray a couple of the top teams slip up.

“If that happens,all we can do is keep winning and wait for those teams to slip up.”

The Eagles star who joined the Isreali club on a free told Complete Sports he will give his best if considered for a place in the squad for next month’s AFCON clash against Congo and South Africa next month.

“It’s always an honour to play for the Eagles and I will love to be back in the squad to help secure qualification for the Nations Cup,” he told Complete Sports.

<script async src=”//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js”></script> <!– 300×250, created 11/8/11 –> <ins class=”adsbygoogle” style=”display:inline-block;width:300px;height:250px” data-ad-client=”ca-pub-9452882342138416″ data-ad-slot=”0923930052″></ins> <script> (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); </script>

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 1
  • Naijaking 4 years ago

    ctober 27, 2014

    Nigeria faces ban over Pinnick’s stalled trip to Namibia

    Written by Gowon Akpodonor, Windhoek

    Category: Home

    /FIFA-LOGO-OK

     advertisement

    THE world football governing body (FIFA), may pronounce a ban on Nigeria Monday if pronouncement by Sports Minister and Chairman National Sports Commission, Dr. Tammy Danagogo, Sunday are anything to go by.

    The timely arrival of Danagogo at Windhoek on Saturday morning saved the Super Falcons from being stopped by CAF from playing the final match of the AWC, which they won by beating Cameroun 2-0 to lift their seventh Nations Cup title.

    Before his arrival, CAF had already concluded plans to hand the trophy to the Lionesses of Cameroun following a Jos court ruling, which set aside the September 30, 2014 election that brought in the Amaju Pinnick-led board of the NFF.

    Sensing danger, the minister moved into action by negotiating with CAF to allow the Falcons play the final, which they agreed. According to Danagogo: “I only pleaded with CAF to allow the Falcons play the final, which they agreed, but CAF has made it clear it will get in touch with FIFA tomorrow (Monday) to talk to them on our behalf. If they are unable to convince FIFA, then I am sure they will pronounce a ban on Nigeria immediately, which I think will not be good for us.”

    He revealed that two major things FIFA has frowned at were the sacking of the Pinnick-led NFF board by the court in Jos and more importantly, the decision by the State Security Services (SSS) to stop Pinnick from traveling to Namibia to perform his official duty.

    “I got to the Murtala Muhammed Airport in Lagos with Pinnick. He said he needed to eat somewhere before joining me in the aircraft. But after some minutes, he called to tell me that the SSS were checking his papers. I thought it was just a normal routine check. But I became apprehensive when he was not forthcoming. I called again and he said they were still checking the papers.

    “I became suspicious and I immediately called the Director of the SSS, but he refused to pick my calls. I tried three times and he didn’t pick… But my question is, why should he refuse to pick my calls?

    “I pleaded with the pilot to give us five minutes thinking that the SSS would let Pinnick go. The five minutes expired and it was when the plane was already taxing for take off that Pinnick called to say they (SSS) have given him his passport. That is crazy. The SSS knew what they were doing. They deliberately delayed him to prevent him from making the trip to Namibia and now see the consequences we are going to face in the hands of FIFA.

    “I have not come out to say that the NFF has committed any big offence by sacking Keshi, so why should the SSS take such a decision? I initially wanted to bring Keshi back even after the pronouncement by the NFF, but after a second thought, I had to relax because it is like putting myself on the firing line should Keshi fail to win the remaining two games. I believe that there is no need changing a winning team, but based on the explanations given by the NFF, we have to move on. There were so many forces working against Keshi, but we have to move on.

    “Now, FIFA’s ban is hovering around Nigeria and I have made it clear to CAF that court case is just a one man affair and it will be unfair for FIFA to punish the entire Nigeria just because of one man. I have told Chris Giwa to relax his mind, but he said no. He is thinking he will win in the court, which FIFA does not want to hear. I have made it clear to all aggrieved persons to take their matter to the NFF Appeal Committee or Court of Arbitration in Sports (CAS).

    “As it is now, the decision to ban Nigeria may be taken on Monday, if nothing is done by all football stakeholders, the judiciary and our law enforcement agencies should understand the situation on ground.

    Each time they take football matters to the ordinary court instead of CAS, Nigeria stands the risk of being banned from all football activities. I just hope FIFA will see reasons with us,” Danagogo said Sunday.

    by Taboola

    Sponsored Links

    The minister is the engineer of the whole SSS drama with Pinnick. He did the same with Maigari when he used the same SSS to detain him to make sure he did not supervise NFF congress Which was supposed to postpone the election. His men went ahead to conduct an election which brought Giwa in as the president which is the now a problem to the nation because FIFA forced him to recognize Maigari as the NFF president after the maltreatment the minister gave to him. Then after the election that brought Pinnick as the president, the minister once again felt insulted because Keshi was not asked to continue as Super Eagles coach, according to him he was going to bring Keshi back but changed his mind later.

    Only a fool will believe the minister’s story. First of all, there is no way Caf will hand the trophy to Cameroon while Nigeria was there as their opponent, the game has not been played and there is no suspension nor ban on Nigeria by CAF nor FIFA. He claimed he called SSS director but the man did not answer his call, why would he not answer his call was his question and mine as well. The man did not answer because he was playing out the minister’s script. Hold Pinnick up, do not answer your phone when or if I call and the moment you see my plane leave, give him his passport to make it look like he was not involved in the drama.

    Anyway Nigerians should blame Jonathan for appointing the fool our sports minister.